Originally named Abilene Air Force Base Federal Credit Union, Communities of Abilene Federal Credit Union was chartered on December 7, 1955 as a single sponsor credit union for the armed services personnel stationed at Abilene Air Force Base (Now Dyess AFB). We had seven founding members and assets of $41.50 by year end. By the mid 1980’s Dyess Federal Credit Union requested a charter change so we could offer membership opportunities to area businesses that had a common bond with the military. This became known as a multi-bond charter. Dyess Federal Credit Union requested another charter change to continue our credit union’s growth. On August 23, 2003 we became a community credit union which expanded our membership opportunities to Taylor and nine surrounding counties. In 2005, we changed our name to Communities of Abilene Federal Credit Union, to better reflect the credit union family we’ve become.